Update: Registration for this event is closed! Keep your eyes open for our next event in late September.
It’s time for the much-anticipated second event in our Ecology Excursion series! Ticket sales open. Space is limited so reserve your spot today.
On Sunday, August 6th we will spend the day in the gorgeous Flint Hills of Kansas. We will explore Tallgrass Prairie National Preserve with staff from The Nature Conservancy. Afterwards, we will enjoy locally sourced food and drink at the renowned Ad Astra restaurant in Strong City. Before departing, we will take in the sights at the Symphony in the Flint Hills gallery.
Your ticket includes:
– Round-trip transportation from the Great Plains Nature Center
– The opportunity to pick the brain of local Gwen Shirkey of Ad Astra and Symphony In The Flint Hills
– Lunch and one beverage at Ad Astra, plus a light morning snack
– Knowledge shared from our team of Naturalists
– A day immersed in the beauty of the Flint Hills while supporting our mission of helping kids experience nature!
This event is perfect for anyone 21 and over who loves nature, or want a new experience to check off their bucket list. Be prepared with comfortable walking/hiking shoes, sunscreen and bug spray. Space is extremely limited!