Here we go again! Friends and fellow Patriots, this is what it’s all about! The trip to D.C. is only the beginning of the Kansas Honor Flight experience. The ‘Heroes Welcome Home’ is where we get the opportunity to really show our thanks and gratitude to our local Kansas Veterans that have sacrificed so much for our great Nation.
All returning Veterans deserve such a welcome home, especially those that NEVER received one when they needed it the most.
It is absolutely amazing to see these men and women’s faces light up when they see the crowd, hear the clapping and cheering, and realize it’s all for them.
Please make the time to join us, and see for yourselves why we are so passionate about our Mission. For more information, you may visit the website at http://www.kansashonorflight.org/Flight-Returning.htm
The flight comes in FRIDAY around 11:40 AM on the far East end of the lower level. Volunteers please report by 10:00 AM to help get organized and in case the flight arrives early.
See below for FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE and event details.
You may use Airport parking lots on your own, or utilize the FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE provided by our friends at Central Community Church. If you plan to utilize the Shuttle Service, please be at the Slumberland Furniture starting at 10:00 AM. (South end of the lot)
1. Get parked and await the FREE KHF shuttle to the Airport main entrance.
2. Once inside, please go to the far East end of the Airport terminal building (main floor).
3. Just before the Veterans make their way to the return staging area, follow the volunteers’ instructions to ensure family and friends can enjoy watching their loved ones, and all other Veterans being paraded in our patriotic gauntlet.
4. If you are in military uniform and/or are a Veteran, you may be asked to fall in and stand to render the military hand salute as our Kansas Veterans pass in review.
5. We encourage everyone to bring a handmade sign saying “THANK YOU” or ‘WELCOME HOME”.
6. If you have questions, you are always welcome to find a volunteer in the bright green Kansas Honor Flight shirts, or go to an Airport Information Booth.
7. After the “WICHITA HEROES WELCOME HOME” – You can ride the FREE KHF Shuttle back to the Slumberland parking lot.
8. If you get stranded and there is no KHF shuttle, call the Comfort Inn – 316-773-1700 and they will come pick you up at NO CHARGE!!
I hope to see you all there! Like, Share, and Invite your Friends!!!
If you can’t join us, please Like, and Share to help spread the word: KWCH 12 Eyewitness News. KAKE-TV. KSN TV. KSAS FOX Kansas, Wichita. Wichita, Kansas. KSNT News. Wichita Eagle. Wichita Independent Business Association. Wichita State University. Today’s KFDI FM 101.3. Vet-To-Vet Support Command, Inc.. KAKE Lily Wu. B98. Slumberland Furniture. Wichita.com. River City Brewing Company. DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport. Wichita 360. 360Wichita.com. Wichita on the Cheap. Southwest Airlines. Bobby Bones Show. The Bobby Bones Show. Alyson Acklin. Mae Hutcherson. Good Morning KAKEland. KAKE Good Morning Kansas. Cans 4 Kansas Honor Flights. Kansas Honor Flights- Wamego High School. Heartland Honor Flight. Honor Flight Network of Kansas City . Veteran. Veterans Health Administration (VHA) – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The Robert J. Dole VA Medical CenterU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. U.S. Veterans. Veterans Upward Bound at Wichita State University