Here we go again! Friends and fellow Patriots, this is what it’s all about! The trip to D.C. is only the beginning of the Kansas Honor Flight experience. The ‘Heroes Welcome Home’ is where we get the opportunity to really show our thanks and gratitude to our local Kansas Veterans that have sacrificed so much for our great Nation.
All returning Veterans deserve such a welcome home, especially those that NEVER received one when they needed it most, after the war.
It is absolutely amazing to see these men and women’s faces light up when they see the crowd, hear the clapping and cheering, and realize it’s ALL for them!
Please make the time to join us, and see for yourselves why we are so passionate about our Mission
The flight comes in FRIDAY around 12:00 PM. The ceremony will take place on the far East end of the lower level. Volunteers- please report by 10:00 AM to help get organized and in case the flight arrives early. Spectators, friends, and family – We ask everyone to be in the terminal by around 11:00-11:15 AM. Sometimes these flights get in early and we want to be in place and ready when they arrive. And we always have a BIG crowd, so it’s first come first serve as to where you get to stand in the designated area.
Small American Flags will be available for a small donation (via the one and only Trudy on Duty). Please bring the whole family, where your red, white, and blue, make a “WELCOME HOME” sign, or any other way you can show your appreciation for our Veterans!!!
If you plan on busing in a school / organization, or you are bringing more than 50 people please contact us ASAP before you schedule your trip. Contact David Blanding – [email protected]
We want to accommodate everyone but we are limited to about 400 people.
See below for parking and event details.
1. PARK FOR FREE AT THE AIRPORT ON LEVEL 4 ONLY OF THE PARKING GARAGE. With the free parking, there will not be any shuttle service. Details on our website https://kansashonorflight.org/returning-flights/
2. Once inside, please go to the far East end of the Airport terminal building (lower level).
3. Just before the Veterans make their way to the return staging area, follow the volunteers’ instructions to ensure family and friends can enjoy watching their loved ones, and all other Veterans being paraded in our patriotic gauntlet.
4. If you are in military uniform and/or are a Veteran, you may be asked to fall in and stand to render the military hand salute as our Kansas Veterans pass in review.
5. We encourage everyone to bring a handmade sign saying “THANK YOU” or ‘WELCOME HOME”.
6. If you have questions, you are always welcome to find a volunteer in the bright green Kansas Honor Flight shirts, or go to an Airport Information Booth.
7. After the “WICHITA HEROES WELCOME HOME” – exit the parking garage and tell the attendant at the gate you were there for Kansas Honor Flight.
We hope to see you all there! Like, Share, and Invite your Friends!!!
If you can’t join us, please Like, and Share to help spread the word: KWCH 12 Eyewitness News. KAKE-TV. KSN TV. KSAS FOX Kansas, Wichita. Wichita, Kansas. KSNT News. Wichita Eagle. Wichita Independent Business Association. Wichita State University. Today’s KFDI FM 101.3. Vet-To-Vet Support Command, Inc. KAKE Lily Wu. B98.5FM. Slumberland Furniture. Wichita.com River City Brewing Company. DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport. Wichita 360. 360Wichita.com. Wichita on the Cheap. Southwest Airlines. Bobby Bones Show. The Bobby Bones Show. Alyson Acklin. Mae Hutcherson. @Good Morning KAKEland. KAKE Good Morning Kansas. Cans 4 Kansas Honor Flights. Kansas Honor Flights- Wamego High School. Heartland Honor Flight. Honor Flight Network of Kansas City . Veteran. Veterans Health Administration (VHA) – U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. The Robert J. Dole VA Medical CenterU.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. U.S. Veterans. Veterans Upward Bound at Wichita State University. Alpha 1 Drop Zone / Army Navy Store. VFW 3115 Rider’s Group. VFW Auxiliary 7253. Kansas Post 4 American Legion Riders